Are you searching for the best capsule hotel in Madrid? These futuristic and compact hotels offer a one-of-a-kind experience for budget-conscious travelers.
In this post, we will explore my top 3 capsule hotels in Madrid that offer comfort, privacy, and convenience in the heart of the city. Get ready for an unforgettable stay in one of these high-tech sleeping pods.
Table of contents
- What are capsule hotels?
- Top 3 Capsule Hotels in Madrid
- Are capsule hotels a safe choice for Solo Travelers?
- Tips for staying at a capsule hotel in Madrid
- Upsides and downsides of capsule hostels
What are capsule hotels?
Capsule hotels are a unique type of accommodation that originated in Japan in the late 1970s. They are essentially tiny, pod-like rooms that provide basic amenities for travelers who need a place to rest or sleep.
Capsule hotels are an affordable alternative to traditional hotels, offering guests a minimalist functional space that is perfect for a short stay.
Each capsule room typically provides just enough space for a single person to lie down and sleep. Capsule hotels usually have shared bathroom facilities and provide basic amenities such as free Wi-Fi, lockers for storing luggage, and communal areas for socializing and relaxation.
Why travelers choose Capsule hotels
In recent years, capsule hotels have become increasingly popular worldwide, with more and more travelers of all ages and backgrounds opting for this unique accommodation option.
Capsule hotels are designed to cater to the needs of travelers who are looking for a place to sleep without breaking the bank.
They are also an excellent choice for travelers who plan to spend most of their time sightseeing and exploring the city and don’t require many of the amenities that traditional hotels offer. Capsule hotels are perfect for those who want a clean, comfortable, and safe place to rest after a long day of exploring the city.
As someone who has experienced staying in a capsule hotel in Madrid, I can personally attest to the convenience and comfort they offer. If you are a traveler who values affordability, convenience, and a unique experience, capsule hotels in Madrid are definitely worth considering.
Top 3 Capsule Hotels in Madrid
Capsule hotels are becoming increasingly popular around the world, and Madrid is no exception. The best capsule hotels in Madrid are located near major tourist attractions, making them a great choice for tourists.
Keep on reading to explore my top 3 capsule hotels in Madrid.
Optimi Rooms Madrid
Address: C/ de la Puebla 7, 28004, Madrid
Phone: +34 617 42 76 76
Metro Station: Callao (Lines 3, 5), Gran Vía (Lines 1, 5)
Optimi Rooms Madrid is a unique and modern capsule hotel in Madrid located in the vibrant neighborhood of Malasaña. The hostel boasts 82 comfortable sleeping pods, which are designed with a futuristic and minimalist look.
The hostel’s location in the heart of the city means that guests can easily explore Madrid’s top-rated attractions, bars, restaurants, and shops on foot. Several nearby metro stations also provide easy access to other popular areas of the city.
This Madrid capsule hotel offers a restful environment with a kitchen, free Wi-Fi, and a 24-hour reception desk. Optimi Rooms is also one of my 10 favorite hostels in Madrid, as it offers double pods for couples.
The pods include multimedia screens that can be enjoyed with headphones, wireless connections with Bluetooth, USB ports, adjustable light, renewable ventilation, mattresses of maximum comfort, lockers, a light alarm clock, a safe in each capsule, and many other convenient amenities.
In addition, the “siesta” (nap) option is offered with 3 hours to choose from in the afternoon slot.
This excellent capsule hotel in Madrid focuses on providing a peaceful and restful environment. This is evident in its strict policies, which prohibit guests from speaking or eating inside the sleeping pods.
Overall, Optimi Rooms Madrid offers a unique and comfortable accommodation experience for travelers on a budget, with its cutting-edge design and range of amenities making it a great choice for those visiting the Spanish capital.
You can find here the best deals on Optimi Rooms Madrid Hotel.
Art Seven Hostel Capsules
Address: Calle Conde de Romanones 7, 28012, Madrid
Phone: +34 915 30 67 10
Metro Station: Tirso de Molina (Line 1), La Latina (Line 5)
Art Seven Hostel Capsules is a unique and futuristic accommodation option located in the heart of the capital, just a stone’s throw away from the famous Plaza Mayor. This capsule hotel in Madrid offers an experience that is both affordable and memorable.
The hostel boasts a prime location surrounded by historic buildings and numerous cafes and restaurants. Beyond Plaza Mayor, guests are also within easy walking distance of many of Madrid’s other top landmarks and attractions such as the Puerta del Sol, Gran Vía, El Retiro Park, the Royal Palace, and the Prado Museum.
Each capsule is equipped with everything you could possibly need, all within arm’s reach. The rooms are designed to transport guests to a sci-fi world, with names such as Room 2001, Room Alien, Room Blade, and Room Star Wars.
This popular capsule hotel in Madrid has successfully reimagined the hostel-capsule concept, giving it a futuristic, cinematic feel that sets it apart from other budget accommodations.
This hostel in Madrid is sure to exceed your expectations. So why wait? Book now your stay at the Art Seven Hostel and experience the best of Madrid!
Address: C/ Rafael de Riego 19, 28045, Madrid
Phone: +34 686 81 12 61
Metro Station: Palos de la Frontera (Line 3)
Oxygen Hostel is the first capsule hotel in Madrid. It is located in the Arganzuela district of Madrid, close to many famous attractions such as the Art Walk. The hostel is just a 5-minute walk from the Atocha Station, making it easy for guests to reach other parts of the city or travel to other popular destinations in Spain.
This futuristic low-cost capsule hotel in Madrid features 22 pods, all equipped with air conditioning and Wi-Fi. The capsules, made of polyurethane, offer different colored lights, temperature control, and USB ports for phone charging.
Oxygen Hostel also provides baggage storage; all rooms have a safe box and smoke detectors. The hostel also has communal areas, a dining area with TV, and a shared kitchen, as well as a 24-hour reception. Bathrooms are shared, but with individual showers.
On booking.com you will find the best deals on Oxygen Hostel Madrid.
Are capsule hotels a safe choice for Solo Travelers?
Capsule hotels in Madrid are an excellent option for solo travelers who are looking for a unique way to stay in the city without breaking the bank.
One of the main benefits of capsule hotels for solo travelers is the sense of security and privacy that they offer. Since the capsules are designed for single occupancy, guests can feel secure in their own private space.
Another advantage of capsule hotels for solo travelers is the opportunity to meet other travelers from around the world. Many capsule hotels have communal spaces such as lounges or bars where guests can socialize and connect with other travelers. This can be especially valuable for solo travelers who may be looking to make new friends or explore the city with a group.
Tips for staying at a capsule hotel in Madrid
- Check the size: Capsule hotels in Madrid come in different sizes, so it’s essential to check if the capsule is large enough to accommodate you.
- Bring earplugs: Capsule hotels can be noisy due to their close quarters, and other guests coming in and out. Earplugs can help you get a good night’s sleep.
- Keep your belongings safe: Capsule hotels often have lockers or safes to store your valuables, so make use of them. It’s also a good idea to keep your luggage locked up.
- Use common areas: Most capsule hotels have shared common areas such as lounges or kitchens, so take advantage of them. You can socialize with other travelers, make a cup of tea, or even cook your meals.
- Know the rules: Capsule hotels have their own sets of rules, such as no pets, no food allowed in the capsules, and quiet spaces.
By following these tips, you can have a pleasant and enjoyable stay at a capsule hotel in Madrid.
Upsides and downsides of capsule hostels
- Affordability: Capsule hostels are usually much more affordable than traditional hotels, making them a great option for budget travelers.
- Convenience: Capsule hostels are often located in central areas, making it easy to get around and explore the city.
- Privacy: Capsule hostels provide a sense of privacy and personal space that you might not get in a traditional dorm-style hostel.
- Socialization: Capsule hostels usually have common areas where guests can interact and socialize with each other, making it a great option for solo travelers who want to meet new people.
- Unique experience: Staying in a capsule hotel in Madrid can be a unique and interesting experience, as it is a relatively new concept in the hospitality industry.
- Limited space: Capsule hostels offer a limited amount of space, so they might not be the best option for travelers with a lot of luggage or who prefer more spacious accommodations.
- Lack of soundproofing: Since capsule hostels are often designed with minimalism in mind, they might not provide much soundproofing, which can lead to noise disturbances.
- Lack of natural light: Capsule hostels often don’t have windows or natural light sources, which might be a downside for some travelers who prefer natural light in their accommodations.
- Limited amenities: Capsule hostels usually don’t offer many amenities such as gyms, swimming pools, or room service.
- Limited privacy: Although capsule hostels provide more privacy than traditional dorm-style hostels, they still lack the privacy of a traditional hotel room.
Are capsule hotels in Madrid safe?
Yes, capsule hotels in Madrid are safe. These 3 capsule hotels provide lockers or safes to store personal belongings, and guests are given a key or access card to their pod. Some capsule hotels also have security personnel or cameras to ensure the safety of their guests.
However, like any accommodation, there is always a risk of theft or other security issues. It is important to take precautions such as locking up valuables and being aware of your surroundings.
Can couples stay in a capsule hotel in Madrid?
Yes. While capsule hotels in Madrid are mostly designed for solo travelers, they offer larger capsules that can accommodate couples.
How much does it cost to stay in a capsule hotel in Madrid?
The cost of staying in a capsule hotel in Madrid can vary depending on the location, the amenities offered, and the time of year. However, capsule hotels in Madrid are often cheaper than traditional hotels, making them a more affordable option for budget-conscious travelers.
Are Capsule Hostels Suitable for Claustrophobic People?
Madrid capsule hostels may not be suitable for people with claustrophobia. These hostels provide small, enclosed spaces for sleeping and may cause discomfort for those who experience anxiety or panic attacks in tight or confined spaces.
If you prefer to explore other accommodations in Madrid, check out my posts about:
- The 15 top-rated family hotels.
- The 5 best pet-friendly hotels.
- The top 10 airport hotels in Madrid.
- The 10 best hotels near IFEMA.
- The 10 best places to stay near Real Madrid Stadium.
- The Madrid In-Terminal Airport Hotel.
- The 15 best hotels with a rooftop pool.
- 5 popular LGBT-friendly hotels.
- Luxury and comfort at JW Marriott Madrid.
Disclosure: This article about the best capsule hotel in Madrid contains affiliate links. If you book something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission. Affiliate links cost you nothing to use and help keep my content free.