If you are planning to visit Segovia, or looking for a convenient way to travel, the Segovia train station is a great option. The station’s location and modern amenities make it an ideal transport hub.
The “Guiomar” train station in Segovia is located on the outskirts of the city and facilitates access to and from Madrid and the Cantabrian and Mediterranean coastal regions.
Segovia is one of the most famous cities in Spain, known for its historic attractions such as the ancient Roman aqueduct, the beautiful cathedral, and the stunning Alcazar. The city is also a UNESCO World Heritage site and a popular destination for national and international tourists.
In this article, we will take a closer look at the Segovia train station to help you plan your trip and enjoy your journey.
Table of contents
The Segovia train station serves both medium and long-distance high-speed trains and offers a range of facilities and services for travelers.
Address: Paseo Campos de Castilla, s/n, 40006, Segovia
Contact: +34 91 243 23 43 (Adif) / +34 91 232 03 20 (Renfe)
Schedule: from 6:00 to 22:30
How to get to the Segovia train station
To get to the Segovia train station from the city center, you can take urban bus line 11, which departs from the Aqueduct and arrives at the station in approximately 15-20 minutes. Urban bus line 12 stops next to the bus station and it takes 10-15 minutes to get to the Segovia train station.
Another option is to take a taxi, which would take around 10-15 minutes depending on traffic. It is also possible to walk to the station, although it is a bit far, and would take approximately 1 hour.
Facilities and services at Segovia train station
The Segovia train station offers a range of facilities and services for travelers, including:
- Waiting room with seating
- Cafeteria and vending machines
- Parking lot
- Ticket counters
- Adif customer service
- Lost and found
The Guiomar train station in Segovia is accessible for people with disabilities, with ramps and elevators. The station also has security personnel and surveillance cameras for safety.
Departures and arrivals
You can check in real time the times, trains, and tracks for the arrivals and departures from the Segovia train station on the official Adif website.
Transport options from Segovia train station
The Segovia train station is well connected to other cities in Spain, with both medium and long-distance trains. The station is served by the Avant and Alvia high-speed trains, which connect Segovia to Madrid in less than 30 minutes, as well as other cities such as Salamanca, Santander, Alicante, and San Sebastian.
If you are traveling to Segovia by train, you can purchase tickets online or at the station. The ticket prices vary depending on the type of train and the distance traveled. It is recommended to book your tickets in advance, especially during peak travel seasons.
Tips for using Segovia train station
Here are some tips to make your journey to and from Segovia train station more comfortable and enjoyable:
- Plan your trip in advance and check the train schedules and ticket prices.
- Purchase your tickets in advance to avoid long lines and ensure availability.
- Arrive at the station at least 30 minutes before your train departure time.
- Pack light and use the luggage storage if necessary.
- Bring snacks and water for the journey, as the train ride can be long.
- Check the weather forecast and dress accordingly, as the station and trains can be cold in winter.
- Follow the station rules and regulations, and respect other travelers’ space and privacy.
If you are planning to visit Segovia and looking for a place to stay, there are many accommodation options in and around the city. From budget-friendly hostels to luxurious hotels, you can find a place that suits your needs and preferences.
Here are 3 recommended accommodations near the Segovia train station:
- Don Felipe Hotel: This boutique hotel is located in the historic center of Segovia. It features stylish rooms with a mix of modern and traditional decor, a cozy lounge area, and a sun terrace with panoramic views of the city.
- Candido Hotel: This historic hotel, with its impressive façade and beautiful gardens, offers comfortable and spacious rooms, free parking, and a wide range of amenities including a swimming pool and a wellness center. The hotel is located just a short drive from the Segovia train station, making it a convenient choice for travelers.
- Eurostars Convento Capuchinos: This former monastery has been converted into a modern and elegant hotel, located in Segovia’s old town, next to Plaza Mayor Square and the Cathedral. It features spacious rooms with contemporary decor, a restaurant serving Mediterranean cuisine, and a spa with an indoor pool.
These are just a few examples of the many accommodation options available in and around Segovia. When booking your stay, consider the location, price, amenities, and reviews to find the best option for you.
Nearby attractions and destinations
Segovia is a beautiful city with many attractions and landmarks to visit, such as:
- The Roman aqueduct, a UNESCO World Heritage site and a symbol of Segovia’s history and engineering.
- The Alcázar of Segovia, a medieval castle that served as a royal palace and a military fortress.
- The Cathedral, a magnificent church with a tall spire and stained glass windows
- The Jewish Quarter, a charming neighborhood with narrow streets and whitewashed houses.
- The Plaza Mayor, a bustling square with restaurants, cafes, and shops.
The Guiomar train station in Segovia offers modern facilities and services for travelers and connects Segovia to other popular destinations in Spain through convenient high-speed trains. If you are planning to visit Segovia or looking for a convenient way to travel, the Segovia train station is a great option.
And if you are traveling to Madrid, consider that taking the bus is also a great option. It is affordable, comfortable, and safe, and the bus station is close to the city center.
Disclosure: This article about the Segovia train station contains affiliate links. If you book something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission. Affiliate links cost you nothing to use and help keep my content free.