If you are planning a trip to Segovia, one of the first things you need to know is where is the Segovia bus station. If you are traveling from Madrid, you will arrive at the main bus terminal in Segovia conveniently located in the city center.
In this article, we will take a closer look at the Segovia bus station, which is the main transportation hub for long-distance and regional buses in the city. We will cover everything from its location to its facilities, ticketing, and tips. Let’s get started!
The Segovia train station is operated by the Avanza Bus Company which serves, among others, the route between Madrid and Segovia. Although a little bit outdated, it has the usual facilities to serve thousands of travelers every day.
Where is the Segovia Bus Station located?
The Segovia bus station is located just a 5 minutes walk from the famous aqueduct and the historic center.
Address: Paseo Ezequiel González 20, 40002, Segovia
How to Get to the Segovia Bus Station
The Segovia Bus Station is easily accessible by walking, public transport, taxi, or car.
If you are coming from the city center, you can take a leisurely stroll to the station. Alternatively, you can take a bus or a taxi to the station. If you are driving, there is a parking lot available at the station, where you can park your car.
Phone: +34 921 427 706 | +34 900 925 303
Ticketing at the Segovia Bus Station
You can purchase your bus tickets at the Segovia Bus Station’s ticket office or online through the Avanza Bus Company’s website. If you prefer to buy your tickets at the station, make sure to arrive early, especially during peak travel times.
Schedules and Fares
The schedules and fares for buses departing from the Segovia Bus Station vary depending on the destination and the bus company. It is recommended that you check the schedules and fares in advance to avoid any surprises.
You can find information on the schedules and fares on the Avanza Bus Company’s website or by contacting the bus companies directly.
Tips for Using the Segovia Bus Station
Here are some tips to make your experience at the Segovia Bus Station more enjoyable:
- Arrive at the station early, especially during peak travel times.
- Purchase your tickets in advance to avoid long lines.
- Check the schedules and fares in advance.
- Bring some snacks and water for the journey.
- Keep your luggage with you at all times.
- Be aware of your surroundings and belongings.
Safety and Security Measures
The Segovia Bus Station is a safe and secure facility. It is monitored by security cameras, and there are security personnel on duty at all times.
However, it’s always a good idea to keep your belongings with you and be aware of your surroundings.
Segovia has some of the best landmarks and monuments in Spain, unique in the world. Its cultural and monumental richness and closeness to the capital of Spain make it worth spending one day in Segovia from Madrid.
The Segovia Bus Station is located near many of the city’s top attractions, including:
- The Aqueduct is the symbol of Segovia and one of the most spectacular legacies of the Roman Empire in Spain.
- The Alcázar, this prototypical fairy-tale castle inspired Walt Disney’s vision of the famous Snow White castle.
- The Cathedral is considered an architectural masterpiece and is known as “The Lady of Cathedrals” due to its grandeur and harmony in dimensions.
- The Jewish Quarter is perfectly preserved, and a stroll along these charming streets is one of the best things to do in Segovia.
Getting to Segovia by train is probably one of the most comfortable options for these visitors taking a one-day trip. Renfe Avant trains are mid-distance high-speed vehicles that will allow you to get to Segovia in less than half an hour. You will arrive at the Segovia-Guiomar train station.