Are you planning a trip to Segovia and wondering how to make the most of your visit without breaking the bank? Look no further, in this article, I am sharing with you the best free tour in Segovia that will help you discover the best attractions of this charming and historic city in central Spain.
From the iconic Aqueduct to the impressive Alcazar, Segovia is full of history, culture, and stunning architecture. So, put on your walking shoes and join me on a journey through the best free walking tour in Segovia.
Table of contents
What is a free tour in Segovia?
A free tour of Segovia is an exciting way to explore the city with a knowledgeable local guide. The best Segovia free walking tour lasts around 2 hours and takes you to the most famous landmarks and hidden gems that the city has to offer.
The best part? This walking tour in Segovia is completely free to book, although a tip is usually appreciated if you enjoyed the experience. Moreover, cancellation is also free.
There are many free tour options available in Segovia, but most of them are only in Spanish. That is why I want to show you in this post my favorite free walking tour in Segovia in English to fully understand the history and curiosities of the attractions.
How to book the best free walking tour in Segovia
Booking a free tour in Segovia in advance is compulsory to secure your spot on the tour. The booking process is simple and straightforward, just follow these steps:
1. Click on the following link with the Segovia free tour, select the date you want to go, check its availability, and click on the time that suits your trip.
In the calendar section on the tour page, you can see the available days, languages, and times. This tour is also offered in Spanish, so pay attention to booking the free tour in Segovia in English. As you can imagine, there is less availability for tours in English so try to book it the sooner the better.
2. Enter your personal details, select the number of participants, accept the Terms and Conditions, and click Continue.
Don’t forget to include the total number of adults and kids in your group when booking, as there is a maximum number of people allowed. A minimum of 4 people is required for the tour. Carrying a pet is also permitted.
3. You will receive a confirmation email of your booking. Be sure to check your spam folder if you don’t receive a confirmation email for your free tour in Segovia. You will also be able to see the details in your booking dashboard and in the GuruWalk app.
4. If something unexpected comes up and you need to cancel your booking don’t worry, cancellation is free. But, make sure to cancel your booking as soon as possible, so others can have the opportunity to join the tour.
5. If you have any questions about this Segovia free tour, you can contact your guide from your GuruWalk booking panel by clicking on the “Contact the Guru” button.
6. The meeting point for this free walking tour in Segovia is the famous Aqueduct in the city center, next to the popular “Meson Cándido” restaurant. It is expected that you arrive about 10 minutes earlier to check in with the guide and ensure the tour starts on time.
My 5 Reasons to join a free tour in Segovia
One of the best ways to experience Segovia is by taking a free walking tour. Here are five reasons why you should join a free tour in Segovia:
- Segovia is a small city that can be easily explored on foot, and walking is the perfect way to explore the small, winding streets of the city. The weather in Segovia is also pleasant, making it an ideal destination for a stroll.
- They are healthy and sustainable.
- They are free. This means you can save money on your trip to Spain and spend more on other activities, like trying the local cuisine.
- You don’t have to worry about planning anything. Simply show up at the designated meeting point and let the guide take care of the rest.
- Taking a Segovia free walking tour is a great way to meet other travelers and make new friends to explore the city together.
In conclusion, taking a free tour of Segovia is an excellent way to experience the city’s rich culture and history, and you will get to see the hidden spots that only locals know.
What is the best free tour in Segovia?
Finding the best free tour in Segovia in English can be challenging for a one-day visitor. That is why I suggest you check out the following tour:
#1 TOP PICK
Segovia Free Tour
✔️ Duration: 1h and 45min
✔️ Language: English
Duration: 1h and 45min
Languages: English, Spanish (Don´t forget to choose English)
Free booking and cancellation
Book this exciting walking tour in Segovia, where you will have the chance to discover the city’s most iconic landmarks and attractions.
The knowledgeable and enthusiastic guide will lead you through the charming streets and alleyways, sharing fascinating stories and anecdotes about the best landmarks in the city. You will learn about the history and culture of Segovia while admiring the beauty of its architecture and scenery.
During the tour, you are welcome to ask any questions you have and the guide will happily offer recommendations on where to eat, drink, and explore in your free time.
Get ready for an unforgettable experience, where you will see Segovia through the eyes of a local expert.
- Aqueduct (meeting point)
- Canaleja viewpoint (The dead woman)
- House of the Peaks
- Aspiroz Palace
- San Martin Square
- former royal jail
- Old Jewish Quarter, Greater Synagogue, and House of Abraham Seneor
- Segovia Cathedral
- Main Square
- San Andres Gate
- Alcazar of Segovia
Book your free walking tour in Segovia now and get ready to experience the beauty of this unique city.
How much to tip the Segovia free tour guide?
When it comes to this free tour of Segovia, there is no charge for booking. However, it is customary to show appreciation for the guide’s work by offering a fair and appropriate tip.
The amount of the tip is at your discretion and based on your satisfaction. Typically, the minimum expected tip per adult for a 2-hour tour is around 10-15 euros. Tips are usually in cash and in local currency (Euro).
How to get to Segovia from Madrid?
If you are planning to visit Segovia from Madrid, there are several transportation options available. The most common way to get to Segovia from Madrid is by taking a bus or train.
The train journey takes about 30 minutes and there are several trains departing from Madrid’s Chamartin station to Segovia throughout the day. Once you get to the Segovia-Guiomar train station, you need to take the urban bus number 11 to get to the city center.
Alternatively, you can take a bus from the Moncloa bus station in Madrid which takes about 1 hour and 20 minutes to reach Segovia.
Another option is to rent a car and drive to Segovia, which takes approximately an hour. The main advantage of getting to Segovia by car is that you will be able to visit the Royal Palace of La Granja de San Ildefonso.
Remember that if you don’t want to worry about how to get to Segovia, you can also book a guided tour from Madrid.
Disclosure: This article about the best free tour in Segovia contains affiliate links. If you book something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission. Affiliate links cost you nothing to use and help keep my content free.