Traveling can be exhausting, and sometimes all you need is a few hours of shut-eye to refresh your mind and body. If you are passing through Madrid airport, you might be wondering if there are sleeping pods available to catch some rest.
In this article, we will explore Madrid airport sleeping pods and the best alternatives to consider.
Table of contents
What Are Airport Sleeping Pods?
Airport sleeping pods are private and enclosed spaces designed specifically for travelers to rest and relax during a layover or flight delay.
These capsule beds provide a comfortable and convenient solution for travelers who need to recharge during their travels. They are a much better alternative to sleeping on a chair and they offer comfort, privacy and are often soundproof to create a peaceful and relaxing environment for travelers.
Sleeping pods come equipped with a variety of amenities, such as comfortable beds, pillows, blankets, lighting, and sometimes even charging ports for electronic devices. Some more modern capsule beds also include amenities such as television screens and music.
Airport sleeping pods offer a unique solution for travelers who need to rest but do not want to leave the airport or book a hotel room. They are usually located in a designated area within the airport, making them easily accessible to travelers.
Many sleeping pod facilities offer the option to book a pod for a specific amount of time, allowing travelers to customize their rest experience to their needs.
Are there Sleeping Pods at Madrid Airport?
Sleeping pods have become increasingly popular in airports worldwide as a convenient and comfortable option for travelers to rest during a layover or flight delay. However, Madrid Barajas Airport does not currently offer sleeping pods.
While capsule beds are not currently available at Madrid airport, it is possible that they may be introduced in the future. I will keep this post updated but it is always a good idea to check with the airport or your airline for any updates or changes to the available facilities and services.
Despite the lack of Madrid Airport sleeping pods, there are some excellent alternative options for travelers looking for a place to rest during a layover or flight delay.
As mentioned earlier, the Madrid Airport In-Terminal Hotel, lounges, and nearby hotels can provide comfortable and convenient accommodations for travelers.
Best alternatives to Madrid Airport Sleeping Pods
Air Rooms In-Terminal Airport Hotel
The most convenient alternative to consider for a restful break during a layover or flight delay at Madrid Airport is Air Rooms by Premium Traveler. It is located within the airport itself, providing a comfortable option for travelers who need to rest between flights or for those who have an early morning departure.
Air Rooms offers modern rooms equipped with comfortable beds, air conditioning, and a private bathroom with a shower. The rooms can be booked for a specific amount of time, starting from just a few hours, making it a flexible option for travelers with varying layover times.
Air Rooms Madrid Airport is located in Terminal 4 of the airport, making it easily accessible for travelers. It is a popular option for those who do not want to leave the airport or book a hotel room outside the airport.
Another alternative to Madrid Airport sleeping pods is to use one of the lounges available at the airport. Lounges offer a variety of food and beverage options, including snacks and light meals, as well as comfortable seating, free Wi-Fi, and shower facilities.
There are several lounges at Madrid Barajas Airport. The exact number may vary depending on the terminal you are in. You will find airline-specific lounges for companies such as Iberia, as well as independent lounges like Puerta del Sol, Neptuno, and Plaza Mayor VIP Lounges.
You can consider purchasing a one-time pass. But check first your credit cards’ benefits as some credit card programs give you free access even with economy class tickets.
For more lounge options at Madrid airport, you can check out this list of lounges at Madrid Airport.
One of the best alternatives to sleeping pods at Madrid airport is to book a room at a nearby hotel. There are several hotels located within a short distance from the airport that offer convenient and comfortable accommodations for travelers.
- Ibis Madrid Aeropuerto Hotel: Located just one mile away from Madrid-Barajas Airport, the Ibis Madrid Aeropuerto Hotel offers clean and comfortable rooms at budget-friendly rates. This is the perfect alternative to the Madrid Airport sleeping pods but take into account that it does not have an airport shuttle.
- Crowne Plaza Madrid Airport: The Crowne Plaza Madrid Airport is a modern and functional 4-star hotel that is part of the Intercontinental Hotels Group (IHG). The hotel offers a fully equipped gym and comfortable family rooms composed of 2 double beds. There is a convenient airport shuttle service.
- NH Madrid Barajas Airport: The NH Madrid Barajas Airport is a 3-star hotel close to the Madrid Airport, the historic Capricho park, and a metro station that will take you downtown in only a few minutes. The hotel provides a free airport shuttle service. NH Hotels guarantee a high-quality standard.
- Melia Barajas Hotel: Located near Madrid-Barajas Airport, this 4-star hotel provides easy access to the IFEMA exhibition center and the business districts. This hotel houses a spectacular outdoor swimming pool. This is a good substitute for Madrid Airport sleeping pods as it has a free shuttle service.
- Sercotel Madrid Aeropuerto: This is a 4-star hotel located just a few minutes away from the airport. The hotel provides a free shuttle service, an outdoor pool, and a restaurant that serves delicious Mediterranean cuisine. If you are traveling with your pet, this hotel accepts cats and dogs up to 10kg.
- Maydrit Airport: A modern 4-star hotel located next to Barajas Airport and El Capricho Park, one of the best green areas in Madrid. The hotel offers elegant facilities and services, two outdoor terraces, and a swimming pool open in summer. There is a free transfer service from and to the airport.
- Axor Barajas: The hotel features a Cyberzone, a WiiZone, a fitness center, a wellness area, a restaurant, and a bar. The rooms are spacious and well-appointed with amenities. The hotel also offers a shuttle service. There is a huge shopping mall within walking distance.
- Hilton Madrid Airport: This is another popular choice for travelers staying near the airport. The hotel has been recently refurbished and guest rooms are pleasant, modern, clean, and spacious, with heated floors and floor-to-ceiling windows. The hotel also offers a free shuttle service to the airport.
- Marriott Auditorium: The rooms are modern, spacious, comfortable, and clean. A fully equipped fitness center is available to guests as well as a swimming pool, Spa center, and sauna. This is a popular choice for business travelers and has extensive meeting and event facilities. It offers a free shuttle service.
While Madrid airport currently does not have capsule beds available, there are several alternative options to consider. The In-Terminal Hotel, nearby hotels, and lounges offer comfortable and convenient accommodations for travelers looking for a place to rest during a layover or flight delay.
You can also get pretty fast from the airport to the city center. So if you prefer to explore other accommodations in Madrid, check out my posts about:
- The 15 top-rated family hotels.
- The 5 best pet-friendly hotels.
- The top 10 airport hotels in Madrid.
- The 10 best hotels near IFEMA.
- The 10 best places to stay near Real Madrid Stadium.
- The Madrid In-Terminal Airport Hotel.
- The 15 best hotels with a rooftop pool.
- 5 popular LGBT-friendly hotels.
- Luxury and comfort at JW Marriott Madrid.
Disclosure: This article about the Madrid Airport sleeping pods contains affiliate links. If you book something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission. Affiliate links cost you nothing to use and help keep my content free.